Waiting on Wednesday (70)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!


This week I chose:


"Little Women and Me"
by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
Bloomsbury
Release Date: Nov 8, 2011

The following description is from goodreads.com:

Emily is sick and tired of being a middle sister. So when she gets an assignment to describe what she'd change about a classic novel, Emily pounces on Little Women. After all, if she can't change things in her own family, maybe she can bring a little justice to the March sisters. (Kill off Beth? Have cute Laurie wind up with Amy instead of Jo? What was Louisa May Alcott thinking?!) But when Emily gets mysteriously transported into the world of the book, she discovers that righting fictional wrongs won't be easy. And after being immersed in a time and place so different from her own, it may be Emily-not the four March sisters-who undergoes the most surprising change of all. Lauren Baratz-Logsted's winning confection will appeal to fans of Little Women as well as anyone who enjoys a modern twist on an old favorite.

"Little Women" is one of my absolute favorites and I think this twist is so interesting! Can't wait to see what the author does with it!

What are you waiting for this week???


22 comments

  1. I've never read the book but I've seen the movie and I love it, I know the books is always better but I'm bad at classics. I am intrigued to read this one, sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to change Little Women. What a fantastic idea. I'll be looking forward to this book on this basis alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I really want to read this one! It looks so precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one on my list too, I can't wait for it. I love Little Women too, and I like this idea.

    I mean, Who hasn't thought of righting the wrongs of Little Women?!!

    Love your pick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, gosh, I AM DYING to read this one! It's been on my list for quite some time now and so happy to find someone else who is enthusiastic about it as me :D Great great great pick!

    Check out my WOW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurie totally should have married Jo. Amy sucks! I can't wait to read this one either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little Women is my favorite classic! I can't wait for this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great choice!

    My WoW pick, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost chose this for my WoW pick this week! I can't wait to read it. When I was a teen I was so upset that Jo didn't end up with Laurie too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was my pick last week! I am so excited for this one too. I love the premise and Little Women is one of my favorites too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I would like this one :D
    great pick

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am waiting for ... more time to read.
    This sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This actually looks really cute. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds very neat! I've never been able to read the book but I love love love the old movie!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never read Little Women, but this sounds brilliant! I love the twist of being actually transported into the book world! Looks like it's going to be a great book, nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds good, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super excited to read this one too! I loved Little Women when I was a kid. Great pick.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm looking forward to this one too! Little Women is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can totally relate!! I feel your pain Emily dear :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is the first time I've come across this book. I absolutely love Little Women. I'm adding this book to my list pronto. Thanks for posting about it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, this book sounds great! I'm adding it to my TBR list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!