Waiting on Wednesday (72)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!


This week I chose:

"Darker Still"
by Leanna Renee Hieber
Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: Nov 1, 2011

The following description is from goodreads.com:

The Picture of Dorian Gray meets Pride and Prejudice, with a dash of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.New York City, 1882. Seventeen-year-old Natalie Stewart's latest obsession is a painting of the handsome British Lord Denbury. Something in his striking blue eyes calls to her. As his incredibly life-like gaze seems to follow her, Natalie gets the uneasy feeling that details of the painting keep changing...
Jonathan Denbury's soul is trapped in the gilded painting by dark magic while his possessed body commits unspeakable crimes in the city slums. He must lure Natalie into the painting, for only together can they reverse the curse and free his damaged soul.


Pride and Prejudice + Picture of Dorian Gray + Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde = Something I want to read!! And  I love the historical setting!!

What are you waiting for this week???

14 comments

  1. Pride and Prejudice + Picture of Dorian Gray + Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - Wow! How can a person not want to read it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is like three of my favorite stories together!! ;)
    I'm going to add this to my list!!! :D
    Awesome pick.

    PS - GORGEOUS cover

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the perfect mix! How we not want to read it *g* I can't wait. And the cover is just perfect.
    I love this author I'm sure she'll deliver a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think she looks too thin...oh well. Great choice :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't this one sound great?! This was my pick a few weeks back. Plus, I love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I want to read this, too!!!! I love all the books that it says it's a mix of, so I can't wait! It's one of my most highly anticipated books of 2011 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to this one tooooo (counting down the days!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous pick! It sounds amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds fabulous! Nice pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one looks great and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your polka dotted side panels.

    GREAT BLOG....NEW FOLLOWER.

    Just stopping by to have a look around.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great choice!! Darker Still was actually my top pick last week! I'm so pumped about this book! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!