"Georgia's Kitchen" Review


"Georgia's Kitchen"
by Jenny Nelson

Source: sent by booksparkspr in exchange for honest review


My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars (or if you've read the book already- 3 Forks!!)

My Review:

Georgia Gray is a chef at one of the best restaurants in NYC and she's engaged to marry Glenn, an entertainment lawyer. But in a flash, everything goes down the drain. The playboy owner of the restaurant fires her after they get a bad review, even though it's his fault! Then her engagement gets broken off-all in the same day! She escapes to Italy, where she finds a new job as a chef, and a handsome new love interest, and maybe even finds herself.

This was a nice piece of women's fiction, nothing too terrible happens, but nothing too exciting happens, either. I think cooking fans would be love this, as well as those in the restaurant business. However, I was expecting more out of the romantic storylines, but both of her love interests fizzled fast!!

I like the message of empowerment the book gives to women and Georgia was very likable. She was strong but vulnerable at the same time. I really liked how she took a stand and didn't look the other way when she found out about the drug problem Glenn had been hiding from her.

There were a lot of secondary characters in the book, but I never really connected with any of them besides Georgia. The bulk of the novel was about the restaurant industry itself, which wasn't really my cup of tea.


Main Characters: 4/5
Supporting Characters: 3/5

Setting: 3/5

Romance: 2/5

Uniqueness: 3/5
Cover: 2/5
Writing: 4/5



Bottom Line: This book was a little slow and didn't have enough romance for me. I'd recommend it to cooking enthusiasts and those in the restaurant industry.

10 comments

  1. Sounds like a book I might like (former restaurant employee.)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really connect with this one either, not even with Georgia. I agree with you - I think those involved with the restaurant business or big foodies will be the most interested in this book. I'm neither of those, although I was a busser once upon a time ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. *smiles* If it didn't have enough romance for you then it proly wouldn't go over well to much for me. I usually tend to connect to restaurnat centered book, but if it goes slow then...iono. =)

    I do like your reviewing stats at the bottom. Pretty good help. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miel, I say go for it, then!

    Susan, I agree, this one is better for foodies.

    Redd, from what I read on the back cover, I was expecting way more romance!! And thanks about the stats, I was just wondering today if anyone reads those :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a decent read! I'd like to check it out, considering I'm a Food Network addict. I have no idea if I'd enjoy it, though. Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good, sounds ok, I guess it's one of those I just don't need books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is pretty good book. Maybe the food chain network stuff dont really work out for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Romance 2/5 hmm...I'm not sure if this one is for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the honest review darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do have to admit that I really like the simple cover. Escaping to Italy sounds divine and I couldn't help but wonder why the romance fizzled. Too bad...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!