Waiting on Wednesday (32)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"Stork"

by Wendy Delsol
Candlewick Press
Release Date: October 12, 2010

The following description is from goodreads.com

Oh baby! A hip heroine discovers that she has the ability to decide who gets pregnant in this witty YA blend of romance and the supernatural.

Sixteen-year-old Katla has just moved from Los Angeles to the sticks of Minnesota. As if it weren’t enough that her trendy
fashion sense draws stares, she learns to her horror that she’s a member of an ancient order of women who decide to whom certain babies will be born. Add to that Wade, the arrogant football star whom Katla regrettably fooled around with, and Jack, a gorgeous farm boy who initially seems to hate her. Soon Katla is having freaky dreams about a crying infant and learns that, as children, she and Jack shared a near-fatal, possibly mystical experience. Can Katla survive this major life makeover and find a dress for the homecoming dance? Drawing from Norse mythology and inspired by The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen, debut author Wendy Delsol conceives an irreverent, highly entertaining novel about embracing change and the (baby) bumps along the way.


I've seen some great reviews of this one, and what a unique plot!!

What are you waiting on this week??

18 comments

  1. Good choice, this one looks so lovely and I hope it is too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick.I have this on my wish list too ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this one looks lovely. I'm going to add this to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I've heard this one is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this one :) Excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG
    me too!

    Seriously I want it like, yesterday!

    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well now that IS definitely a unique plot, simply can't argue with you there! Uncertain if I'll be reading this one or not, but the cover is definitely drawing. Thanks for sharing! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one actually sounds unique...and captivating.

    Here's mine:

    http://curlupandread.wordpress.com/2010/08/11/waiting-on-wednesday/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cover. I think I'd like this too. I didn't know it was inspired by The Snow Queen and Norse mythology. That makes me want to read it more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I loved this book to pieces. The plot is very unique, and I thought the characters were quite enjoyable. Can't wait to see your thoughts later concerning it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The covers nice, but I probably wouldn't read this one. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick. I am definitely putting this on the wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice WoW! I've seen this book around the blogosphere, but didn't know what it was about. I figured something with babies. LOL. It's sounds really good! I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've not heard of this one before, but it certainly sounds different! Thanks for sharing this with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was my WoW a little while back--it looks so creative, and the author is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of this book before but sounds very interesting and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your pick! The cover is amazing and the description too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!