Waiting on Wednesday (31)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"Another Pan"

by Daniel Nayeri and Dina Nayeri
Candlewick Press
Release Date: October 26, 2011


The following description is from goodreads.com

Sixteen-year-old Wendy Darling and her insecure freshman brother, John, are hitting the books at the Marlowe School. But one tome consumes their attention: THE BOOK OF GATES, a coveted Egyptian artifact that their professor father believes has magical powers. Soon Wendy and John discover that the legend is real—when they recite from its pages and descend into a snaking realm beneath the Manhattan school. As the hallways darken, and dead moths cake the floor, a charismatic new R.A. named Peter reveals that their actions have unleashed a terrible consequence: the underworld and all its evil is now seeping into Marlowe. Daniel Nayeri and Dina Nayeri return to reimagine Peter Pan as a twisty, atmospheric, and fast-paced fantasy about the perils of immortality.


WoW indeed!! Words cannot express how much I need to read this book!! Peter Pan is my absolute favorite classic children's story and I'm so excited to see it remade into a YA fantasy book!! I can't wait!!

What are you waiting on this week??

21 comments

  1. This one sounds awesome! I didn't realize there was going to be a Peter Pan remake, how cool! Awesome pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds great! Thanks for letting us know about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost picked this one for this week! I think I will pick it next week instead. Peter Pan is also one of my favorite stories.

    I wonder if he flies though, in this one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peter Pan, now that does sound fun...nope, I have never seen it done before. But what do I know

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great! I love the cover art too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick, Carrie! I have to read Another Faust. It's on my TBR list for review. I love Peter Pan, too. Did you ever see Finding Neverland? It's one of my favorite movies with Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute book. I hope that you get your book soon, and that it is everything you hope it to be. Here's my WOW Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. isn't the cover just awesome! great pick Carrie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to reading this too! I love the cover.

    Thanks for visiting my blog An Avid Reader's Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh yes please! I hadn't heard of this before so thanks - adding it to my wishlist now:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds cool.
    While you're waiting for it come out, pick up these great books!

    First, a continuation of 'Peter Pan' based on Barrie's own notes for more: Click!

    Second, a "what if?" adventure taking the characters on another path: Click!

    BELIEVE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A modern YA re-imagining of Peter Pan? My fangirl radar is going nuts, in a good way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a fun read!! I also love the cover!! I will have to put this on my TBR!!! Thanks for sharing!

    Feel free to check out my WOW

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to read the first book that they wrote!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cover looks very cute! I'm adding this to my TBR now :D Fab pick indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Peter Pan! This sounds like a really interesting take on it, thanks for telling us about it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never heard of this one before. It's definitely going on my wishlist now! It sounds soooo good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh, I don't know how I missed this one! This definitely sounds fabulous! Adding it to my TBR pile that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!