"Only the Good Spy Young" Review


"Only the Good Spy Young"
by Ally Carter

Source: sent by publicist in exchange for review


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

My Review:

Cammie is used to guards tailing her every move. She's even used to danger lurking at every corner. Why? Because Cammie is a Gallagher Girl! She goes to a school that trains young spies. Her favorite teacher risks his life to give her a secret message and then she's told that he works for the enemy. Cammie doesn't know who to believe. Then her love interest, Zach, starts giving mixed signals too. Will Cammie ever find out who's with her and who's against her?

This book is a nonstop spy adventure. Carter's writing is fast and fun, and she really has an understanding of teens. Cammie's voice is very funny, smart, and not too old or too young for a high school girl.

There's just the right amount of romance in the this one-also age appropriate and not all-consuming. Zach is a cutie, and I have to admit I was as confused by him as Cammie was some of the time!

The secondary characters were all well developed and the mystery had me perplexed. The thing I liked best about this book was the writing. The jokes were so witty and smart!


Main Characters: 5/5
Supporting Characters: 4/5

Setting: 4/5

Romance: 3/5

Uniqueness: 4/5
Cover: 4/5
Writing: 5/5



Bottom Line: All around, this is a great well-rounded story with something for everyone. Cammie is a great role model, too!

9 comments

  1. I love the Gallagher Girls series! Haven't had the chance to read this one yet though, I'll have to try and find it somewhere. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review! Sounds like a fun read! Haven't read anything by this author before, but this sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear this one sounds just as enjoyable as the first one I read. Thanks for the fun review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This series looks super cute...I might have to read it after I finish the Princess Diaries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear this one is cute. I scored book two for super cheap the other day and can't wait to try the series. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this one!! so much stuff! so much info! Yet, it's never enough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy this series and I think the books get better as they go along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm going to enjoy it too. Jokes and suspense? Way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds fun, and I do like the fact that you say she is a great role model

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!