Waiting on Wednesday (53)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"Dark Mirror"
by M. J. Putney
St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: March 1, 2011

The following description is from Goodreads.com:

Lady Victoria Mansfield, youngest daughter of the Earl and
Countess of Fairmount, is destined for a charmed life. Soon she
will be presented during the London season, where she can choose a mate worthy of her status.


Yet Tory has a shameful secret—a secret so powerful that, if
exposed, it could strip her of her position and disgrace her family forever. Tory’s blood is tainted…by magic. When a shocking accident forces Tory to demonstrate her despised skill, the secret she’s fought so hard to hide is revealed for all to see. She is immediately exiled to Lackland Abbey, a reform school for young men and women in her position. There she will learn to suppress her deplorable talents and maybe, if she’s one of the lucky ones, be able to return to society.


But Tory’s life is about to change forever. All that she’s ever
known or considered important will be challenged. What lies
ahead is only the beginning of a strange and wonderful journey
into a world where destiny and magic come together, where true
love and friendship find her, and where courage and strength of
character are the only things that determine a young girl’s worth.


I loved the historical romance I read by this author, and this fantasy YA story sounds fantastic! How can you not love the cover!?

What are you waiting for this week??

23 comments

  1. ohh nice pick! haven't heard of this before but it's coming out pretty soon; I'll have to check it out =)

    see my WOW pick here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not enough historical novels in the YA world if you ask me. & it’s fantasy! I’m excited about this one. Great WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick Pick! This one keeps catching my eye. I'll have to look into it...

    www.blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I have this one on my wishlist too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I want to read it now! Thanks for bringing it up to my attention :D
    I shall add it to my wish list

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick !! I love this cover !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! Fantasy and historical? I like the sound of this.

    here's my waiting on wednesday post: http://shusky20.blogspot.com/2011/01/waiting-on-wednesday-triple-treat.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am definitely waiting on this one as well. I love that combination of historical fiction/fantasy as well. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the cover on this one, and it sounds really intriguing. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too. Looks SO good.

    Great choice!

    Here is what I'm thinking about this Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait for this one too! I haven't read anything by the author before, but it's good to hear you have and like her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one looks great. I have it on my TBR list also. I love historical fiction and fantasy, and this sounds like a good blend of both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pick! This looks really intriguing! My WoW is at Coffee Table Press

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm definately going to have to keep an eye out for that one!

    Aislynn
    Knit Purl Stitch Read & Cook

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think looks so good and love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greta pick! I really like the sound of this one

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! Dark Mirror sounds so good! I love the cover and the colors. Now, if historical fiction/fantasy was more popular with the teens at my library it would be a must buy for the YA collection. Well, I'll just have to buy for my personal collection!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't wait for this one too, Great Pick!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  19. I heard it's good. I can't wait for it to come out either!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This book sounds awesome! I'm so looking forward to it. Great pick, Carrie! I really like the cover.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!