Waiting on Wednesday (89)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"The Alchemy of Forever"
by Avery Williams
Simon & Schuster
Release Date: Jan 3, 2012

The following description is from goodreads.com:

Seraphina’s first love made her immortal…her second might get her killed. Incarnation is a new series that introduces a fresh mythology perfect for fans of bestselling series like The Immortals by Alyson Noel and Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.

After spending six hundred years on earth, Seraphina Ames has seen it all. Eternal life provides her with the world’s riches, but at a very high price: innocent lives. Centuries ago, her boyfriend, Cyrus, discovered a method of alchemy that allows them to swap bodies with other humans, jumping from one vessel to the next, taking the human’s life in the process. No longer able to bear the guilt of what she’s done, Sera escapes from Cyrus and vows to never kill again.

Then sixteen-year-old Kailey Morgan gets into a horrific car accident right in front of her, and Sera accidentally takes over her body. For the first time, Sera finds herself enjoying the life of the person she’s inhabiting—and falls for the human boy who lives next door. But Cyrus will stop at nothing until she’s his again, and every moment she stays, she’s putting herself and the people she’s grown to care for in great danger. Will Sera have to give up the one thing that’s eluded her for centuries: true love?
What are you waiting for this week???

13 comments

  1. This one sounds really good! I've never heard of it before, but the description definitely makes it intriguing, especially with the whole jumping bodies thing going on. I think I'll have to add it to my wishlist now :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yess, I can't wait for this book either~ It sounds so amazing. And I fell in love with the cover when I first saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has killed before so that would make me not like her but..yes there is that but

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds cool. Sort of reminds me of Mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek. I'm so excited for this one as well!! Great pick! I love the cover.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that sounds really exciting and different from anything that I have read. Definitely going on my wishlist.

    Here is my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this series, but it sounds really good! I really enjoyed Alyson Noel's books, so this seems right up my alley. Thanks for sharing this one!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh...sounds good! Hadn't heard of this one previously, thanks for the heads up! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this sounds like an interesting spin. :)
    Thanks for sharing, I hadn't heard of this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds really good and I am liking the cover. I will have to add it to my TBR list, especially since I am a fan of the Immortals series. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome pick, Carrie!! I've never heard of this one before, but it sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!