Waiting on Wednesday (49)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"The Revenant"
by Sonia Gensler
Knopf Books for Young Readers
Release Date: June 14, 2011

The following description is from goodreads.com:

When Willie arrives in Indian Territory, she knows only one thing: no one can find out who she really is. To escape a home she doesn't belong in anymore, she assumes the name of a former classmate and accepts a teaching job at the Cherokee Female Seminary.

Nothing prepares her for what she finds there. Her pupils are the daughters of the Cherokee elite—educated and more wealthy than she, and the school is cloaked in mystery. A student drowned in the river last year, and the girls whisper that she was killed by a jealous lover. Willie's room is the very room the dead girl slept in. The students say her spirit haunts it.

Willie doesn't believe in ghosts, but when strange things start happening at the school, she isn't sure anymore. She's also not sure what to make of a boy from the nearby boys' school who has taken an interest in her—his past is cloaked in secrets. Soon, even she has to admit that the revenant may be trying to tell her something. . . .

This one is an historical with a bit of the paranormal element thrown in. I am really interested in learning about the Cherokee history in this one.

What are you waiting on this week???

25 comments

  1. I have this one on my list too, I love historical mixed with paranormal and this one sounds very interesting. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, dunno, but the Cherokee part sounds good :=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds spooky! What a great combo of historical and paranormal. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like a good historical with paranormal elements. And since I have a little Cherokee blood in me, I also like that part of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Historical and paranormal, my two favorite things! I will have to check this one out. Thx for sharing it! My WoW is at:
    The Delusional Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I have been seeing this one around a lot lately. I will have to add it to my TBR list- it sounds really promising. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude, thanks so much for throwing this in my radr. This sounds so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the new background Carrie, sounds like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds so so so good! I found it the other day, and it totally sounds like my cup of tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I do so love that cover. Sounds pretty interesting. I'll be on the lookout for it =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen this book on a lot of people's wish lists and it sounds really intriguing. Great pick! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its my first time hearing about this one and from the summary it sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of this book yet but it sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never heard of it. I hope when you get your book, you enjoy it. Wanna see what I am Waiting On Wednesday for?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a unique story line. I love the cover. Nice pick.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm really looking forward to this one as well! Sounds mysterious and interesting and has a beautiful cover, a winning combination for me:) Nice choice Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds super fabulous! Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the sound of this book and have it sitting patiently on my TBR list :) Great choice this week. You can find my WOW here

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks really good! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh, Carrie! You pick the most fascinating books! I've visited the what was once the original site for the Cherokee Female Seminary School, and there are bunch of photos of it in the Muskogee VA hospital.

    I live in stone's throw of Talequah and love it there. It's sooo lush, green and you could feel the history in the land and all around.

    Thanks for sharing this because now I can't wait to nab it myself! XD *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm waiting for this one, too! It's on my list for the 2k11 Debut Author Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want to read this one too.
    Here's mine:
    http://lulilut.blogspot.com/2010/12/waiting-on-wednesday-throat.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. If you looked it up.. I went here with some friends http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Cherokee_Female_Seminary_Site

    http://www.wsharing.com/WSphotosTahlequahCS.htm

    The pics in the 2nd link are the ones I had seen large and in charge at the VA hospital which wasn't too far from there..=)

    ReplyDelete
  24. oooh, thank you for sharing the pics, Redd!!! :) I love the pics they have on the 2nd site

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!