Waiting on Wednesday (69)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!


This week I chose:

"The Name of the Star"
by Maureen Johnson
Putnam
Release Date: Sep 29, 2011

The following description is from goodreads.com:

The day Louisiana teenager Rory Deveaux arrives in London marks a memorable occasion. For Rory, it's the start of a new life at a London boarding school. But for many, this will be remembered as the day a series of brutal murders broke out across the city, gruesome crimes mimicking the horrific Jack the Ripper events of more than a century ago.

Soon “Rippermania” takes hold of modern-day London, and the police are left with few leads and no witnesses. Except one. Rory spotted the man police believe to be the prime suspect. But she is the only one who saw him. Even her roommate, who was walking with her at the time, didn't notice the mysterious man. So why can only Rory see him? And more urgently, why has Rory become his next target? In this edge-of-your-seat thriller, full of suspense, humor, and romance, Rory will learn the truth about the secret ghost police of London and discover her own shocking abilities.


Oooh, love this time period, it's soooo creepy!! And it's by Maureen Johnson!! What's not to love!?

What are you waiting for this week???

14 comments

  1. I am really excited for this book! Love the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about this book, I'm going to wait to see what the reviews say :)

    king of want to read it but it isn't exactly my genre of choice. I do love MJ though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about this one, too. I love Maureen Johnson and I'm more than happy to revisit London with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creepy is the word. Great WoW :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds amazing! I've added this to my wishlist!
    Great pick.

    Here's my waiting on wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this time period too! This definitely sounds like a must read. I just read Johnson's 13 Little Blue Envelopes and thought it was pretty entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait for this one, it's also on my list. Sounds really good! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super excited for this book! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this sounds AMAZING! My hubs and I both watch Ripper documentaries, so I am uber excited for this!

    -Linds, bibliophile brouhaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cover is incredible too. Great pick, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited for this one! Love MJ's books :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking forward to this, too! I love stuff in Victorian times, especially if it has to do with Jack the Ripper. I love the contemporary angle, too. Have you seen the UK cover? I thought I liked this one...but I love the UK one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm waiting on this one too. Looks awesome.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-21.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!