"What Would Mr. Darcy Do?" Mini-Review

"What Would Mr. Darcy Do?"
by Abigail Reynolds

Publisher: Sourcebooks
Release Date: April 30, 2011

Source: contest win

My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Summary from goodreads.com:


But what if Darcy hadn't immediately left the inn? What if Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy had chosen to speak their feelings rather than to assume the worst about the other? Jane Austen's beloved characters are given the opportunity to reach out one last time before they part. While their path forward is still filled with misadventures and misunderstandings it is rich with humor, romance, and sensuality as they learn about each other and the meaning of love. But there's still a scandal threatening to engulf the Bennet family, and Elizabeth can't be sure that Darcy's love for her could withstand such a blow. Determined to give Darcy up rather than drag his name through the mud, Elizabeth will have to choose for herself between what she believes is right, and what she wants more than anything...

My Mini-Review:

This was a super sweet retelling of "Pride and Prejudice", picking up after Elizabeth's refusal of Darcy. As if readers needed to fall even more in love with Mr. Darcy, I think this book could easily make that happen! Without losing any attributes from the original, we get to see an even softer, sweeter side of Darcy. Readers get to see his true head-over-heels romantic feelings towards Elizabeth.

"Pride and Prejudice" lovers are sure to love this glimpse into Mr. Darcy's romantic musings on his love for Elizabeth. Elizabeth is her same stubborn, strong self, and Georgina, Darcy's sister, is absolutely adorable in this version.


Main Characters: 4/5
Supporting Characters: 4/5 

Setting: 4/5
Romance: 5/5

Uniqueness: 3/5
Cover: 3/5
Writing:4/5


 

Bottom Line: A short, sweet, and very romantic look back at two of Austen's most beloved characters.

9 comments

  1. I do love sweet :=) I am glad you enjoyed this little tale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I like what I'm hearing about this book. And it's short. yay! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall even more in love with Darcy! I'd like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MORE in love with Mr. Darcy?! Are you sure that's possible? haha. I'll look into this one, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I think I'll try it. There is something about that cover that I don't like though. I can't put my finger on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about these books -the are a series of them, aren't they? the pemberly variations? - but I hadn't read a review on them! thanks! I think I'll give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought this book would rate a little higher. I'm glad it was a fun book though.

    Mad Scientist
    Steampunkery & Book Reviews
    For The L♥ve of Reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't resist a "super sweet retelling of "Pride and Prejudice". I want to read this book for Mr Darcy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!