Waiting on Wednesday (35)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"Secondhand Charm"

by Julie Berry
Bloomsbury USA Children's Books
Release Date: October 12 2010

The following description is from goodreads.com


In a secluded village, magic sparkles on the edges of the forest. There, a young girl named Evie possesses unusually strong powers as a healer. A gypsy's charms—no more than trinkets when worn by others—are remarkably potent when Evie ties them around her neck. Her talents, and charms, have not escaped the notice of the shy stonemason's apprentice. But Evie wants more than a quiet village and the boy next-door. When the young king's carriage arrives one day, and his footman has fallen ill, Evie might just get her chance after all . . .

Berry's debut novel garnered glowing reviews and strong sales—and now she's done it again with a beautifully woven tale to keep all readers, young and old, absolutely charmed.


I am so excited for this book!! The author's first book, The Amaranth Enchantment was one of my favorite books I've read this year!!

What are you waiting for this week??

18 comments

  1. Oooo me too! I reallly really want this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I can't wait for this one! For some reason, it makes me think of Ella Enchanted...only better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting! I loved her first book. The only problem I have with this one is the cut-off-head cover. Why do YA book keep doing that???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, everyone is picking such great books this week. I haven't heard of any of them but they are all sounding fantastic and my TBR list is growing like crazy. Thanks for posting this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds super cute! I always get excited for WOW because I find so many awesome books that I want!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sound of this one... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want, I want! Magic! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I've never heard of this. It sounds good and different. Here's my Wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool! I love the fantasy elements - I really need to read more books like that. I'll keep my eyes out for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read this one too know, it sounds cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sound of this one...I agree that it does sound a bit like Ella Enchanted...but of course there is always room on the shelf for more fairy tale like stories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This one looks great...

    Here's my choice for this week:

    http://debsbookbag.blogspot.com/2010/09/waiting-on-wednesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like such a good read. Can't wait to read it :)

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for putting this book in my radar, I hadn't heard of it but it sounds good and I'm going to check the other book you mention.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh..that sounds really interesting. Thanks for letting me know about it!
    Alison Can Read

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the sound of this and the cover is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!