Waiting on Wednesday (36)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"The Iron Duke"

by Meljean Brook
Berkley Trade
Release Date: October 5, 2010

The following description is from goodreads.com


After the Iron Duke freed England from Horde control, he instantly became a national hero. Now Rhys Trahaearn has built a merchant empire on the power — and fear — of his name. And when a dead body is dropped from an airship onto his doorstep, bringing Detective Inspector Mina Wentworth into his dangerous world, he intends to make her his next possession.

Mina can’t afford his interest, however. Horde blood runs through her
veins, and despite the nanotech enhancing her body, she barely scratches out a living in London society. Becoming Rhys’s lover would destroy both her career and her family, yet the investigation prevents her from avoiding him…and the Iron Duke’s ruthless pursuit makes him difficult to resist.

But when Mina uncovers the victim’s identity, she stumbles upon a conspiracy that threatens the lives of everyone in England. To save them, Mina and Rhys must race across zombie-infested wastelands and treacherous oceans — and Mina discovers the danger is not only to her countrymen as she finds herself tempted to give up everything to the Iron Duke.


I just read the prequel to this book, a short story called 'Here There Be Monsters' in the anthology, "Burning Up." I loved it! I can't wait to read more of this awesome steampunk romance series!!

What are you waiting for this week??

18 comments

  1. I am waiting for Nightshade but its bot till Oct. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it wrong for to admit that the first thing I saw looking at your WOW was the guys abs? LOL Thank goodness the blurb sounds great otherwise I'd probably be spending money for a yummy cover. (I know..I'm bad) Great WOW!!

    Come see my WOW for this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this sounds very intriguing, and that's a fabulous cover!

    Here's mine:

    http://lindsaymalone.wordpress.com/2010/09/22/waiting-on-wednesday-sept-22/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the sound of this one, and oh my heck...those abs! haha great pick, carrie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meljean has the most amazing covers! Excellent Choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice there, I truly want this book too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting choice...looks like a perfect fit for you and your site. Happy waiting and reading! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this sounds good! Haven't heard of this one yet....great pick!



    Check out my pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree with the person above--the abs draw you in right away. That book sounds awesome though. great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love steampunk! Romance isn't usually my thing, but there are always exception. Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your WOW!!! I haven't read Meljean Brook yet, although I know I just need to start reading her books!!! Glad that you liked Burning Up!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that looks like an awesome book! It seems to have a little bit of everything!! I'm on my own here - but I don't like the cover - that jacket is too....poofy :-) He could lose it though and everything would be fine...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm becoming a fan of steampunk. This book looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice WoW! I know I'm stopping by late, but I am playing catch-up with my blog. I really want to read this. I love steampunk and I love the mystery element.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where do you find these hidden treasures... I know there's a pirate who whispers into your ear at nights to give you heads up on finding passionate readings... Give it over... I know ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!